The Cryotec Method
The Safest and Most Effective Cryopreservation
Method in the World with a 100% survival rate
The Cryotec Method is a vitrification system used to safely cryopreserve and thaw oocytes and embryos at any stage. This method allows us to achieve 100% survival after thawing, which is one of the best indicators of the safety of cryopreservation. REPROLIFE began to spread this method globally in 2012, and it has been applied to hundreds of thousands of clinical cases in over 70 countries. In each country, the Cryotec Method has been able to significantly improve the clinical data of IVF centers and facilities that had previously been using the “slow freezing” method and other conventional systems of vitrification. The purpose of cryopreservation is to safely preserve oocytes and embryos, which hold a life within, without hurting them until the day they are thawed and implanted into the mother’s body. The Cryotec Method vitrification technique enables us to achieve this goal in the most efficient and reliable way yet invented.
Features of the Cryotec Method
- Consistent 100% survival of normal blastocysts, embryos, and oocytes when the protocol is properly followed. Our officially certified trainers instruct each user until they master the protocol to duplicate 100% survival rates.
- The unequaled survival rate also represents minimal damage to oocytes or embryos, if any, meaning the fertility potential of each oocyte or embryo is not adversely affected by the process of cryopreservation
- The simplest and easiest-to-learn protocol for anyone to yield repeatable survival results.
- Even effective to most oocytes and embryos in bad conditions, such as eggs of patient with hig age.
Modifications Made to the Conventional Method
Dr. Kuwayama, inventor of a number of conventional vitrification methods, identified the weaknesses of the most popular imperfect vitrification method, which was the latest at the time, with about 90% survival rates. He then made 18 modifications to it in order to overcome all of the weaknesses of his previous technique, which were also the main causes of egg loss: Thus, the Cryotec Method was born. Safest and most effective in the industry, the Cryotec Method enabled anyone to achieve the best possible outcome without mistake, regardless of their experience or knowledge of vitrification.
- Most efficient formulas to ensure successful vitrification and thawing.
- All solutions are serum-free and protein-free with an ultra-long shelf life of 12 months
- These solutions require no refrigeration during shipping.
- Endotoxin-free trehalose in these solutions functions as a great substitute for sucrose with greater safety and higher viscosity.
The Vitri Plate enables easier and safer vitrification with an ergonomic design: The circular wells are ideal preventing osmotic shock.
- The Cryotec, the cryopreservation carrier device, can be securely placed in the groove of the Vitri Plate.
- The Warm Plate is also highly ergonomic: The sloped TS well prevents the formation of bubbles during thawing without needing a separate TS dish.
- Like the Vitri Plate, the wells of the Warm Plate have a spherical bottom, which allows solutions to gradually mix with each other. Hundreds of points of our experimental data show this greatly prevents osmotic shock.
- One protocol is applicable to oocytes, embryos, and blastocysts with a diameter of 220μm or less. (Larger blastocysts require a pre-shrinking process)
- The completion of equilibration within each solution is identified by the observation of objective facts.
- The Cryotec Method trainers strongly advise you against adjusting VS droplets on the carrier device during the loading process: Surface tension disruptions could deform and fatally damage oocytes and embryos during vitrification. Instead, they train users to consistently make properly sized droplets.
Our internal team and external partners have worked together to vitrify and thaw 725 oocytes, 2,012 4- to 8-cell embryos, and 1,478 blastocysts at 12 facilities. The total survival rate of all 4,215 samples was 100%.
REPROLIFE provides the highest quality components for successful oocyte/embryo vitrification and thawing: Vitrification and Warming Solutions and Plates, as well as Cryotecs (carrier devices), along with hands-on training of the Cryotec Method vitrification and thawing protocols. Please email (click here) for more information.
Vitrification Kit 101
(for 3 patients/up to 3 eggs per application)
These miracle formulas keep oocytes and embryos safe and intact, with the highest viscosity and lowest concentrations of DMSO and EG cryoprotectants
・1.0ml Equilibration Solution(ES)x1
・1.0ml Vitrification Solution(VS )x2
・3 Vitri Plates
Warming Kit 102
((for 1 patient/up to 3 eggs))
Designed to maximize the probability of post-thaw survival backed by our robust protocol.
・1.8ml Thawing Solution(TS)x1
・0.5ml Dilution Solution(DS)x1
・0.5ml Washing Solution(WS)x2
・1 Warm Plate
Bulk sets of specific items for each facility’s unique demand.
Vitrification Solution 110
(for 10 applications)
For users of Cryotec Solutions in large volumes
・1.8ml Equilibration Solution(ES)x2
・1.8ml Vitrification Solution(VS)x4
Warming Solution 205
(for 5 applications)
Guarantees the best results time after time.
・1.8ml Thawing Solution(TS)x5
・1.8ml Dilution Solution(DS)x1
・1.8ml Washing Solution(WS)x2
Select your favorite for the eggs’ safest journey home
・10 Cryotecs in uniform color. *Choose from red, white, yellow, blue, and green.
(Set of 10)
A bundle of 10 Vitri Plates.
(Set of 10)
A bundle of 10 Warm Plates
(Compact liquid nitrogen container)
A traditional compact liquid nitrogen bath perfect for the Cryotec protocols